Release status: stable
|Description||Manipulates the upload process so it integrates better with the PerPageResources-project. This extension is part of the PerPageResources project.|
|Author(s)||Mathias Ertl (Mati talk)|
|Download||SourceCode in SVN|
|Parameters||$wgUploadPageHeader, $wgUploadPageFooter, $wgResourcesCategory|
|Example||Use the AddResource-Page to upload a file in this wiki|
This extension manipulates the upload-process so it better integrates into the PerPageResources-project. It requires the MReferer-patch to work correctly. Its main use is that some text is automatically appended to the description of the files. It will include an internal link to the page referenced by the mReferer-variable and, if set, will put the file into the category referenced by $wgResourcesCategory.
Additionally, it is possible to both prepend and append text to the upload-form of Special:Upload. You can do this by setting $wgUploadPageHeader and/or $wgUploadPageFooter.
The most recent version of this extension is always available in the ManipulateUpload-directory of our SVN-Repository. You may also find releases for different (older) MediaWiki-versions in the tags-Directory.
Installation & Configuration
- You have to apply the MReferer-patch. Please see there for patch-instructions.
- Download the sources into the extensions-directory
All that is left is some simple configuration in LocalSettings.php:
require_once("$IP/extensions/ManipulateUpload/ManipulateUpload.php"); # optional: modifies the appearance of Special:Upload $wgUploadPageHeader='this text is displayed above the upload form.'; $wgUploadPageFooter='this text is displayed below the upload form.'; # optional: If set, uploaded files will be added to this category: $wgResourcesCategory='Resources';
1.2 (rev. 191)
- Added support for missing file name extensions in the destination file names (automated copy of the source file name extension)
1.1 (rev. 177)
- Adding a category to uploaded files is no longer hardcoded but set using the shared variable $wgResourcesCategory.
- first version documented here
- If the mReferer variable is not set, the link should not be added
- If the mReferer variable refers to an external link, it could add an external link instead.
GPL v3 or later.